Monday, February 25, 2013

Monkeys and now Snakes??

Well, as if I thought monkeys trying to steal my breakfast wasn't weird and scary enough, today while I was sitting in the education building mooching off the internet before class, all of a sudden, people were yelling and running and looking seriously concerned about something down the hall.  Sure enough, it was a two foot long snake, that I heard through all the chaos, was poisonous!  I was about ten feet down the hallway from it, so I was a safe distance away, but it was still different and slightly alarming!  I asked one of the people next to me in the hallway if this happens a lot here at NMMU, and she laughed and said yes, almost daily.  Great.  Snakes in my classroom!  Eventually, two guys were brave enough to wrestle the snake into a to-go  box and take it to the animal control office on campus.  Three things alarm me about this situation: 1) There are snakes INSIDE the buildings 2) They are poisonous 3) there is an animal control office ON CAMPUS.  Like I said, every day here is a new adventure!  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.centracare.com/e_greeting/egreeting.aspx

    ReplyDelete