Sunday, February 10, 2013

FOOD

The food here has been quite an adjustment here, for me anyway.  A lot of things that I eat all the time spoil here too quickly to buy, so I have to completely cut them out of my diet.  Things like milk, peaches, etc that would wont finish right away just go to waste, so I haven't bothered to buy them again.  Also, many things like chicken strips, barbecue sauce, pizza, mac & Cheese, bread and cottage cheese dont taste the same here or have the same texture, so that takes some getting used to as well.  One thing I will say, is that the homemade bread here is to DIE for!  That has been my favorite thing so far, because Im a big bread person.  I also found really yummy cookies that are made in cape town, called Cape Cookies, and they are milk chocolate coconut cookies..YUM!  In South Africa, they LOVE barbecues, which they call Braiis, so you can always smell people cooking outside, and here you wouldnt say, "lets have a get together, or lets hang out," you would say, "lets have a Barii."  So far, I cant say I dislike the changes, they are just different..so its an adjustment like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment